In March of 2016 at the age of 51 I was diagnosed with Younger Onset / Early-Stage Alzheimer’s Disease. You can read my full story here. Since my diagnosis I have been working with great fervor with the National Alzheimer’s Association as a member of the National Early-Stage Advisory Group and a Early Stage Ambassador with the Delaware Valley & Greater NJ Early Stage Advisory Councils. The Alzheimer’s Association has a vision of “A world without Alzheimer’s®” and a mission to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
Please join me in this fight and donate here for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
Here is some of the advocacy and awareness work I’ve been doing with the Alzheimer’s Association to help with the fight to #ENDALZ.
- Alzheimer’s numbers in NJ, and the stress it puts on caregivers
- The Longest Day 2017
- Turning The NJ State House Purple
- Me and my girls were session panelists for “Living well with Alzheimer’s: A family Perspective” at the 2017 Annual NJ Dementia Conference
- Backfin Media filming for a forthcoming Public Television documentary
- New Alzheimer’s Association Survey Reveals Dramatic Impact of Alzheimer’s Disease on Families
- Our meeting with Congressman Tom MacCarthur’s staff to discuss PCHETA
- Alzheimer’s Awareness interview with Dan Loney of Knowledge@Wharton on SiriusXM
- 2017 Alzheimer’s Association Advocacy Forum – Day On The Hill
- 2017 Alzheimer’s Association Advocacy Forum
- FOX 29 Good Day Philadelphia – New Report Shows Shocking Numbers on Alzheimer’s
- Bradley Beach 2016 Walk to End Alzheimer’s Celebration
- Delaware Valley Chapter 2017 Party in Purple
- Alzheimer’s Association 2017 Leadership Summit
- “Another Thing Alzheimer’s Cure” from ”Another Thing with Larry Mendte”
- Alzheimer’s Speaks Radio: Triumphs, Struggles & Passions Living With Dementia
- Dementia Mentors: Being Diagnosed with Younger Onset / Early Stage Alzheimer’s
- With Senator Christopher Connors
- Finding Joy During My First Christmas with Alzheimer’s
- Holiday Dinner With Dementia – It’s more difficult, but families manage to find joy
- Men’s Health: 14 Smart Ways to Maintain your Brain
- Bradley Beach Walk To End Alzheimer’s
- Alzheimer’s Trial Infusion Day
- PHL17 IN FOCUS with Jennifer Lewis-Hall: Alzheimer’s
- Sharing my story, my gratitude for my wife and my faith as I live with Alzheimer’s Disease
- On This Edition of Life Advice with Jennifer Lewis-Hall It’s All About Alzheimer’s Disease
- The financial and emotional toll of America’s Alzheimer’s problem – Yahoo Finance – Nicole Sinclair
- My Walk to End Alzheimer’s
- Hundreds of Advocates Walk to End Alzheimer’s
- With Congressman Scott Garrett
- With Congressman Chris Smith
The First Survivor
Walk to End Alzheimer’s
The Longest Day
Alzheimer’s Association Money Brain Ad
2017 Facts and Figures
Get all the fact and figures here.
Please contact your state and federal representatives to support the Palliative Care and Hospice Education and Training Act.